Sunday, July 31, 2016

Dear Leighton (Month 8-ish)


Your favorites - Sweet potatoes and bananas!






Always able to find your way into the bathroom when we are getting ready in the morning.



For some reason, you actually enjoy being placed into the lego wagon and pulled around by your siblings.  It's can't be comfortable, right?



Caught you standing up!  One of the first times you pulled up and just like your siblings, was using the stage (though it no longer makes noise or lights up).



"Helping" mommy in the office.  So helpful...Not



Yep, you found me working in my office again.  I just can't hide from you any more.



Out on a walk.  This was the week your big sisters and brother were at Grandma's house so we were actually able to take a quick walk, just the 3 of us.




What happens with mommy and daddy lose all the pacifiers...you have to use the moustache one your older brother had long ago.



Always on the go now that you can crawl!



You've got blue eyes like daddy, and maybe some other features too.



Lesley said she would put you down for a nap.  I thought she was joking but I let her hold you for a bit...and low and behold, she rocked you to sleep.  Super sweet!  And, probably won't ever happen again.


July 31, 2016
Dear Leighton,
Oh dear, I'm a bit behind this month….so much going on with the family!  Good stuff for the most part, but just busy.  So, this will be a short update….
You started crawling like a champion this month!  Finally, you can get to where you want to be without rolling.  And, you can even get yourself into trouble by hitting things and bonking your head.  Bruises are starting to appear!  Pulling yourself up is also going on now.  Crazy how quickly you have picked up these fun tasks.
You still love your siblings though that look of fear in your eyes when your sisters carry you around, I'm sorry about that.  I try so hard to make them leave you alone but they just seriously love you to death.  And, I secretly love when you are propped up on Leah's hip or she is offering to change your diaper.  She will be the best mommy someday and you can always take pride in knowing that you helped "train" her.
Levi is a turd sometimes and we have to tell him "don't sit on Leighton" or "stop hitting your sister".  But, he probably gets the best laughs out of you and for that I guess we will keep him.
Teeth!  2 big shiny teeth are now protruding from your lower gums.  Pretty awesome and thankful they finally popped through.  They were trouble!  And, now your tongue just hangs out all the time.  I think you like to check on the growth of the teeth so are constantly rubbing them with your tongue.  It makes us all laugh….and it continues to let drool run out of your mouth like it's your business.  Perhaps more teeth?
The teeth have sort of thrown a wrench into your sleeping so that's not so awesome for Mommy.  Lack of sleep is real these days.  I'm sure I'll get a lecture about letting you cry from the pediatrician at your next check up…unless you start sleeping and I don't have to mention it to him then.  Please.
We don’t hesitate to give you any food that is the right consistency and texture.  With only those 2 little teeth, we don't want you to choke but we are anxious to get you eating more real food as it seems to be a favorite for you.  We struggle to even feed you applesauce because you want to feed yourself and not eat off of a spoon.  Lots of sweet potatoes and green beans these days!
You seem to be a decent napper as long as you are in your pack n play.  Napping in the carseat doesn't happen as often and you won't let me just hold you to nap anymore either.  The pacifier helps but not a complete solution when you are tired.
Size 3 diapers but still wearing mostly 6 month clothing.  You aren't a peanut or anything, but for some reason you still fit into those clothes.
This stage is just one of my all time favorites.  I hope the next few months go slowly so I can just soak in this last time for being a mama of a 7-12 month old.  Bittersweet for sure!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: